The PDM Implementor Forum (PDM-IF) is a joint project between AFNeT and Prostep iViP.
The mission of the PDM-IF is to accelerate the development and general availability of PDM interoperability solutions based on ISO open standards. These interoperability solutions rely on converters, services or transaction hubs answering to PDM interoperability industry business cases.
The goals of the PDM Implementor Forum are to:
- Develop international PDM interoperability recommended practices, completing the international PDM interoperability standards,
- Establish shared test activities in the PDM area, based on agreed and reliable methods.
The objectives, missions and high levels principles of the PDM-IF are described in the PDM-IF white paper. They are reminded with the figure hereafter:
PDM-IF 2017 Priorities
3 Test Rounds / Year
- Same overall schedule as in 2016
- Work on Use Cases, User Attributes, Web Service Requirements
- Exchange of configured product structure
- Import / export AP242 XML into / from a customized PDM
- Configuration information:
- Explicit configured product structure with serial numbers effectivities
- Explicit configured product structure with date effectivities
- Need an AP242 XML test case with configuration information
PDM-IF Implementor Group 2017 Round 4 Scope
- Three Test Cases; all based on AS1 with specific adaptions
- Configuration Management
- Includes Serial Number and Data Validity Effectivities
- With change management: two exchange loops
- Parallel development of Recommended Practices
- Nested Assemblies
- Based on tests already done by CAx-IF / JT-IF, but with document mgmt.
- Part-level “sidecar” XML files for part-level properties
- PDM System Customizations
- Definition of customized part and documents types
- Definition of custom (user-defined) properties for these types
- Properties currently being harmonized with User Group
- Jean Brangé, AFNeT
- Steven Vettermann, ProSTEP iViP
Both hosting organizations are in contact with further potential project members
To join the PDM-IF community